Topics in U.S. History
The University Catalog is the authoritative source for information on courses. The Schedule of Classes is the authoritative source for information on classes scheduled for this semester. See the Schedule for the most up-to-date information and see Patriot web to register for classes.
Course Information from the University Catalog
Study of historical topics or periods of special interest.
Topics announced in advance. May be repeated for credit when topic is different.
8 Sections Currently Scheduled for Fall 2011
From the Schedule of Classes
- HIST 389-001: Modern African American Art: From Emancipation to the Civil Rights Era Suzanne E. Smith - 12:00 PM to 01:15 PM TR - Section Syllabus
- HIST 389-002: Women's History to 1877 Cynthia A. Kierner - 10:30 AM to 11:45 AM MW - Section Syllabus
- HIST 389-003: Vietnam War in U.S. Life Meredith Lair - 01:30 PM to 02:45 PM MW - Section Syllabus
- HIST 389-005: American Presidency Richard Norton Smith - 07:20 PM to 10:00 PM W - Section Syllabus
- HIST 389-006: U.S. Environmental History Michael Bottoms - 03:00 PM to 04:15 PM MW - Section Syllabus
- HIST 389-007: History of Baseball Ryan A. Swanson - 09:00 AM to 10:15 AM MW - Section Syllabus
- HIST 389-008: Millennialism & Philosophy of History Hugh Heclo - 12:00 PM to 01:15 PM MW - Section Syllabus
- HIST 389-009: American History through Its Holidays Daniel W. Gifford - 07:20 PM to 10:00 PM T - Section Syllabus