MA in History Students: Advising and Appointments
- Whom do I contact for an appointment after being admitted to the program?
Email the Graduate Director, Dr. Zachary Schrag or stop by the Graduate Coordinator's Office during office hours.
- Who is my advisor?
The Graduate Director is the advisor for all current masters students.
- When is the graduate director available for advising?
- Where do I go to find a professor’s specific expertise?
Check the department’s web site http://history.gmu.edu and click on the People link.
- What are a particular professor’s office hours?
Faculty office hours should be posted on their profile page.
- What if I can’t meet with the graduate director during his usual advising hours?
You must email the Graduate Director directly at email@example.com.
- What are the hours for the History Graduate Office?
10:00am-6:00pm, Monday – Thursday.
- Do I need to bring anything to my appointment?
Student files will be given to the Graduate Director to review at the time of the appointment.
- Where do I get a copy of course descriptions and syllabus?
You may find course descriptions and syllabi on the web site.
- Do you have any courses offered at any other GMU campuses?
Yes, occasionally we offer courses at the Arlington campus.
- How will I know when, where, and what books I need to get for the semester?
Booklists for every course are submitted to the bookstore every semester.
- Why are my grades not showing up in the current semester?
Your first grade has not been posted.