Thank you for your interest in programs in the Department of History and Art History at George Mason University. We invite all prospective students to learn about the vitality of the department, its faculty and students, and its programs by exploring the pages of this department website.
This page provides important information for all prospective students, but it is particularly relevant to graduate students. When you are ready to apply to a graduate program in economics, the webpage How to Apply (see below) will guide you through the process.
To Request Information
To request more information or to register your interest in our degrees, contact the Office of Admissions. We strongly encourage you to do this so we can provide you with better service and keep you informed about upcoming events relevant to your program of interest.
Resources for All Prospective Students
Prospective Undergraduate Students in History and Art History
Prospective PhD Students in History
- About the PhD in History
- Application Requirements and Deadlines for the PhD in History
- Degree Requirements for the PhD in History
- FAQs for Prospective PhD Students in History
- PhD Rules and Guidelines-Revised April 2011
- Funding for Graduate Students in History
- Information Sheet - History Graduate Programs